Job description and associated tasks
The Patrimony of the Royal Military Academy is looking for a full-time researcher in Cyber Defense with Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent. You will work in the field of information systems and network security. Your main task will be to participate in the development of a “social dr iven vulnerability assessment tool”
The Royal Military Academy of Belgium (RMA) is a military institution responsible for the basic academic, military and physical training of future officers, and for the continuing advanced training of officers during their active career in the Belgian Defense department. It is fully recognized as a university, fulfilling the same criteria as civilian universities. The Royal Military Academy is also conducting scientific research at university level for projects funded by the Belgian Defense department or external sources.
In concrete terms:
- You will analyze existing literature and systems in the field of social engineering vulnerability testing.
- With the rest of the team, you will imagine new approaches and methods for testing social engineering resistance.
- You will design and implement these tools needed to do so.
- You will participate in the testing of these tools and techniques.
- You will participate in the writing of scientific articles in English describing these tools and techniques, in order to publish them in conferences or scientific journals.
- You will participate in conferences, seminars, courses and workshops, sometimes abroad.
What we offer:
- You will be working in a young and dynamic team, where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged.
- You will have the possibility to work on exciting projects related to cyber security, with concrete applications.
- You will have access to high end material (laptop, screens, servers,…)
- You will have the possibility to attend world renowned cyber security trainings and certifications.
- You will also have the possibility of obtaining a master in Cyber Security.
The contract will be for 4 years, with possibility of exten sion.
More info: www.cylab.be
- The applicant shall have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Java, Python or PHP programming language;
- Principles of software development (UML, design patterns etc.)
- Linux and classical development tools (git, make etc.)
- The researcher may be exposed to classified information and will therefore have to obtain the required security clearance.
- The candidate must consent with the background check required to obtain this clearance, which will be executed by Belgian Defense.
- The signing of a non-disclosure agreement with the EOD (DOVO) service may also be required.
- You can develop software autonomously.
- You don’t settle for sub-standard solutions and always try to achieve a high level of quality.
- You can conduct scientific research at a university level by searching xisting literature, analyzing existing solutions in a critical way and proposing new ideas.
- You can communicate your results in a clear, concise and precise manner.
- You are involved and focused on results.
- You can work in a team and focus on the objectives of the team.
- You take initiative to improve the functioning of the team.
- You take initiative to improve your own skills.
- You are honest, loyal toward the institution and respect confidentiality.
- You can integrate yourself in a multidisciplinary research unit.
|Experience & other skills
- The applicant shall have good knowledge of English (oral / written)
- Minimum knowledge of French or Dutch is recommended (collaboration with peers)
|Point of contacts
- Probable date of recruitment: 1st August 2020
- Status: Full-time employment based on an open-ended contract with the Patrimony of the Royal Military Academy (you will not be a civil servant).
- Wage scale: BT1 (holders of a Bachelor’s degree), A11 (holders of a Master’s degree in Science) / A21 (Ir or holders of a Master’s degree in Computer Sciences or Engineering)
- Extra-legal benefits:
- Possibility to obtain a bonus for bilingualism (Dutch/French);
- Holiday pay;
- End-of-year bonus;
- Hospitalization insurance;
- Free public transport (home-work commute);
- Free access to the on-campus sport infrastructure;
- On-campus restaurant and cafeteria with discount on the daily menu.
- Royal Military Academy, Avenue de la Renaissance 30, 1000 Brussels;
- Occasional travels abroad;
- Meetings at partner’s premises;
- Stimulating work environment.